Whether just beginning to research, to being a step away from starting your journey, a 1-2 hour free consult with our agency owner will address all of your questions about surrogacy!
Whether you were referred by your fertility specialist, a friend, or found us on the internet, the first step is to reach out by phone or email. You will receive a prompt reply by our Agency Owner, who will offer to schedule a video call that is convenient for you. This allows you to “meet” us face to face from the comfort of your home or office.
Our in-depth discussion with you will include the following topics, in addition to others depending on several factors and personalized to your specific situation:
– A Welcome to Family Makers by our Agency Owner
– Review of your personal history and need for a gestational surrogate
– Estimated timeline for your journey
– Fertility clinic and/or egg donation agency considerations and referrals
– Budget: the expected and unexpected costs related to surrogacy
– State laws specific to surrogacy and how you are protected
– Health insurance in the U.S., and its impact on your journey
– What are you looking for in a surrogate mother?
– What kind of involvement would you like to have during pregnancy?
We understand that there is a lot to consider, which is why we understand that additional information may be needed before committing to the process. You will never feel pressured to begin until every question has been answered and you are sure you are ready.
When you are prepared to begin, you will then sign our Family Makers Agency Agreement, which is a contract outlining all of the ways we support you and your surrogate throughout the process. Once a signed agreement has been received, your with us journey begins!