Dear Prospective Surrogate,
Hi! We’re J & M IPs in NC. J is a nurse anesthetist who grew up in NC & M was born in Ecuador and grew up in Brazil where he was an officer in the Army for 8 years. We met shortly after M moved to my (J’s) city to be closer to family. He was in disbelief when he found out this American southern girl spoke Spanish and I quickly became his guide to his new country and city. We have quite an amazing relationship and both have the utmost respect for each other. Our home is a peaceful and loving one. We love spending time together and enjoy cooking together, dancing (mainly just in our kitchen with no one watching), streaming our favorite shows, and going to the gym. (Well, M enjoys going to the gym and I just see it as a necessary evil.) We are best friends and have so much love for each other. We want so badly to be able to share that love with our future child.
I (J) found out I was unexpectedly pregnant when I was in college and I have one amazing daughter who is now in college herself. M has no children. Unfortunately it took me many years later to find someone that I wanted to bring a child into this world with purposefully. I actually thought it would never happen. And here I am. I’m so excited about the opportunity to raise a child that comes from a place of love alongside a partner who will be there with me to share all the ups and downs of parenthood. And to see this truly wonderful man become a father for the first time. Unfortunately in my early 30’s I had to have surgery to control heavy uterine bleeding and my RE has determined I’m unable to safely carry another pregnancy. We went through the better part of a year going through egg retrievals to try to create embryos. After four retrievals, countless injections, a rollercoaster of emotions, and an insane amount of money spent we created 5 embryos. Sadly after genetic testing only one of those embryos came back genetically normal. It was a very hard pill to swallow but we decided to be happy about the one healthy embryo we have. Based on our clinic’s statistics & the grading of our embryo our RE has given us a 65-70% chance of success with this embryo. We want to give it the best chance possible so we are searching for an experienced GC to go through this journey with us. We know that many GC’s are hesitant to work with IPs that only
have one viable embryo. We are hoping that someone will read our story and decide that our little embryo is worth taking a chance on. Due to the fact that we only have one, we would like to offer a higher portion of base comp to be paid at transfer. We hope this can help offset any inconvenience that could be caused if our GC takes the chance to get that far in the process with us and the transfer is not successful. We want her to know how much we value and appreciate her giving us a shot no matter the outcome.
We would be thrilled to have a close relationship & continued contact after birth but ultimately will leave that decision up to GC & respect her wishes. We have no special requirements regarding activity, diet, beauty products etc. We only would ask you to follow your OB’s advice and take all normal precautions that the pregnancy requires.
Thanks for reading and we look forward to meeting you!
J & M